1. Will I have to go to court if I give a statement to INDECOM?
Only cases which are subject to a person being charged, will there be a possibility of future court attendance.
2. How do I report an incident or make a complaint?
Persons who would like to make a complaint or give information regarding an incident, can use of the following methods:
1.Complete the online form
2. Call the toll free incident and tip lines
- Digicel: 1-888-935-5550
- FLOW: 1-888-991-5555
3.Call the INDECOM cellular number
4. Visit or call an INDECOM office
- Kingston & St. Andrew
1 Dumfries Road
1A Brumalia Road
Unit 10, Cobblestone Professional Centre
- St. James
Praise Concourse Plaza
18 Queens Drive,
Montego Bay, St. James
5. Send an email
3. Do I need to provide a statement in the presence of a lawyer?
4. Is there a time limit in which a complaint can be made to INDECOM?
There is a limitation period upon which a complaint may not be acted upon by the Commission, unless it is made not later than 12 months from the day in which the complainant had notice of the conduct alleged.