Under the supervision of the General Counsel, the Legal Secretary is required to provide administrative support to the Legal Department.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Preparing accurately typed reports, memoranda, letters and other correspondence from manuscripts;
- Copying and preparing files for Court, Coroners Court, and Inspectorate of Constabulary;
- Preparing court documents and bundles for Supreme Court and Court of Appeal;
- Receiving statements from Security Force personnel and members from the Department of Correctional Services and issue receipts for same;
- Preparing monthly statistics and submissions for the Legal Department;
- Updating diaries with court fixtures and other meetings for Senior Legal Officers and General Counsel;
- Maintaining an up-to-date records management system of classified documents including correspondence, legal and official matters.
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Secretarial Studies or;
- Certificate in Administrative Management Level 2 (MIND) and 4 CXC/GCE including English Language and;
- Two (2) years working experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral);
- Good customer service and interpersonal skills including use of third party contacts
- Good time management skills;
- Proficiency in relevant computer applications.
Applications accompanied by resumés should be submitted no later than Friday, September 6, 2019 to: email@example.com
Thank you for your interest; however, only short listed applicants will be contacted.