The Commission is pleased to announce the following vacancy: DIRECTOR OF COMPLAINTS (GMG/SEG 5) – Headquarters
The incumbent is required to manage a Regional Office and to establish and maintain systems for receiving complaints and directing investigations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Determining whether complaints justify criminal or disciplinary charges;
- Reporting on investigative findings with recommendations for further action;
- Conducting informal hearings pursuant to the statute;
- Identifying trends based on data emanating from investigations that will require legislation to address emerging issues;
- Guiding the research programme required for the review and reform of relevant laws being the responsibility of the Commission.
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- Postgraduate Degree in Management Studies, Law, Public Administration or related field; or
- Attorney-at-Law with general management training or Certification in Investigative Methods from an accredited institution; and
- At least five (5) years’ working experience including three (3) years at a managerial level.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Good organizational and communication skills;
- Good mediation and negotiation skills;
- Good research and analytical skills;
- Demonstrated team building and collaborative skills;
- Knowledge of the laws of Jamaica;
- Excellent leadership and management skills;
- Ability to evaluate information and demonstrate sound judgment in decision making;
- Ability to write clearly and succinctly on a range of complex legal policy issues;
- Ability to effectively translate ideas, concepts and information into either written or verbal form.
- $3,564,000 – $4,236,476 per annum with appropriate allowances.
Applications accompanied by CVs should be submitted no later than Friday, June 11, 2021 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest; however, only short listed applicants will be contacted.