Job Summary: Under the general direction of the Senior Investigator, the Assistant Investigator is required to take detailed and comprehensive statements from walk-in complainants. The incumbent is also responsible for assisting the Investigators with investigations and their resolution.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Recording statements from walk-in and or telephone complainants;
- Devising, in consultation with the Senior Investigator, a plan of action to be pursued in carrying out individual assignments;
- Making appointments on behalf of the Investigative Team to interview members of the Security Forces and Agents of State;
- Informing complainants and relevant parties within limits of the status of their investigations;
- Inspecting and extracting from police or government records information which is relevant to the cases being investigated;
- Requesting the interview of persons and collecting statements from complainants, witnesses and other persons who may be of assistance in carrying out investigations;
- Assisting with the intake process and documentation of complaints in conformity with established procedures, where necessary;
- Attending incident scenes and assisting the Investigators;
- Maintaining confidentiality over all information obtained pursuant to an investigation;
- Attending post mortem examinations and taking notes.
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience
- Undergraduate Degree and;
- Two (2) years working experience in customer service or the service industry;
- Certificate in Investigative Methods and Principles is an asset but not required.
Applications accompanied by resumés should be submitted no later than Friday, September 6, 2019 to: email@example.com
Thank you for your interest; however, only short listed applicants will be contacted.